ThinkOpen has created a platform for EDUCatt to optimize contract management
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart is the largest Catholic university in Europe. EDUCatt is the Foundation to which the University has entrusted the management of services relating to the right to education.
The EDUCatt Foundation has asked ThinkOpen to create IT support to improve and simplify the management of contracts for the provision of services offered. The Foundation is in charge of guaranteeing more services, including economic facilities, a health center, residency, catering, solutions and tools, and others.
Features in detail
Previously, the EDUCatt Foundation managed the contractual process offline; the contract office was responsible for drafting a document shared with the customer. ThinkOpen has developed a platform to simplify this workflow, starting from a preset template where you can enter information in preset fields. The system provides an approval flow for the specific transaction that starts from the contract through the registration of the invoicing.
The platform, developed in Liferay 6.2 and linked to a MySQL database, ensures the management of user profiling with the subjects involved (contract office, sales offices and accounting office), along with the requesting manager (the person who gives the approvals or who requests the activation of a service).
The life cycle of a contract in this system involves the following steps:
- draft contract: The contract is created, according to the pre-established template.
- contract approval: The manager receives a notification of the creation of a new contract, and chooses whether to confirm it.
- active contracts in place: Transfer of the document status to assets in progress.
- expiring active contracts: The system automatically sends notifications as the contract expires.
- closed active contracts: The transaction remains in the system until it is registered as a “closed” contract. The applicant manager can automatically renew a contract before it is closed.
The accounting department and the sales offices can insert invoicing notes and accounting notes related to the collection. Subsequently, when the SAP management software acknowledges receipt of the amount received, the offices register it in the software, thus closing the contract life cycle.
The contractual workflow
This workflow implies an improvement of the contractual management; less dispersion of the information is obtained, and particularly notable is a greater control of the expiries, thanks to automatic management of the timing of the contract. All the offices involved in the flow are able to have both invoices and accounting under control.