ThinkOpen optimizes Alviero Martini's workflow by automating the management of purchase requests
Alviero Martini 1° Classe is one of the leading brands in the accessories sector. Since 1991, it has been producing high-end products distinguished by the now iconic geo map.
There are several offices that operate within Alviero Martini, and one of the primary needs was to manage the purchase requests according to the designated budgets. The portal created by ThinkOpen is able to respond to these needs by structuring a workflow on 5 levels for each purchase request, namely: draft, awaiting approval, approved, refused, and accounted for.
Following the first submission, to get to the last stage, the request is first checked and approved by the manager of the office of competence. It then appears on the dashboard of the person who takes care of the accounting.
Managers have the opportunity to return the request to the user who made it through a refusal. It can be enriched with useful notes in case corrections are needed before approval.
During the entire analysis phase, those in charge of managing the approval can verify how the new expense request will impact the budget established for that specific office. This is thanks to the graph visible in the approval phase.
To ensure further automation, integration has been developed with the existing company management that operates on the AS400 system.
This has made it possible to render superfluous the data entry activities or a profound and costly restructuring of the ecosystem in use.
The portal is presented with a branded dashboard in which the user can view and create only the types of purchase requests enabled for his user and office.
The platform allows a capillary management of the permissions of the single users and an organization of the offices that re-proposes in digital the organization chart of the company.
Once logged in, all users can also use real-time chat to communicate faster, improving overall efficiency.
To extract the data from the platform, it is possible to download the individual purchase requests via PDF or use the massive data export function in Excel format. This allows, on the one hand, to perform checks on possible inconsistencies, on the other hand, to analyze the data with all the functionalities made available by the spreads.
The structuring of the portal is also dedicated to suppliers. Each supplier can be entered through a detailed registry and selected during the generation of a purchase request.
Each request, in addition to containing the value of the various items to be purchased, is filled in with all the details necessary to provide a complete overview: supplier name, notes, payment conditions, period of availability of the goods or service subject to the request.
Features in detail
- Management of purchase requests: creation of an automated workflow to allow efficient management of purchase requests;
- Integration with AS400 portal: automated communication between the management software in use and the new portal;
- Widespread subdivision of permits to the various offices: digital reconstruction of the corporate structure through a schematization of permits;
- Chat in real-time: facilitated communication thanks to the chat accessible by all online users;
- Mass export: possibility to export the data on the platform in Excel format according to selectable filters;
- Suppliers panel: supplier management through detailed master data that can be divided by location and reference offices; and
- Real-time notifications: notifications by ‘notification of all events’, involving the work of the individual user.